Sunday, April 20, 2014

Another appointment Some insights into my children on the spectrum

I went to my other midwives yesterday it was a good visit. If anyone wants to give homebirth a go or just some excellent prenatal care or birthing classes. I recommend them http://birthingyourway.com/ They have been a great support during this difficult time. I like my other midwives as well they deliver in the hospital they are athttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Utah-Clinic-Womens-Center/131126283606333 Both have listened to my concerns and help me realize this is a process and sorry the vast majority of men are not really going to get what you might be going through. So male doctors seem kinda cold during this experience.
I have gotten the keepsake boxes for almost all my children just missing the oldest and a blanket for each of them but ryan his favorite color is red so its a bit more challenging to find a soft blanket in red 
I did talk to the counselor at school today I filled out forms and she asked how much the kids knew. I went over each child and how I thought they were doing then she said something about 4 files on her way out and I realized I had not discussed if she could see my only child without an IEP. My poor Neuro typical child she so gets lost in the day with all the melt downs and tantrums I think she might be in need of a little more attention. I then hunted her down and mentioned that I had a NT child as my third she was slightly surprised as I usually dont mention her mostly because we are always dealing with the others who have IEP's. She had me fill out a form for her to see her I asked her to also see how she is dealing with being in a sibling group with all the rest on the spectrum. I love my Beth she has always been so easy even as a baby she was the only one that slept through the night. She nursed right away and is usually very pleasant. Not that she did not have some moments and cry but usually just cause she needed something ie a diaper change, burp or feeding. I just thought God had given me an super easy child as my older two could be challenging as infants. LOL My husband and I have now come to the conclusion she is probably how most babies are and should have realized our others had some struggles a bit sooner. I used to describe my others as grumpy or moody nothing seemed to appease them easily. I wonder sometimes if some of these behavior issues could not be caught sooner just from observing babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment