Saturday, April 5, 2014

Second Ultra Sound and Some Burial Ideas

Second Ultra sound was April 2 this time it appears that Tianna has one nostril what that means for survival we do not know yet. The rest of her appears good other then the brain not splitting like it should and a little bit of hydrocephalus at the back of her head ( meaning water on the brain). We were saddened by this some as the more facial deformations the less likely Tianna is to survive very long in this world. Tianna Daniella has Alobar Holoprosencephaly which means her brain did not form properly and has not divided into the two hemispheres. There is no cure 50% of these babies miscarry before 20 weeks those that live beyond usually 25% are stillborn and the rest can live a few days or a few months. Alobar is the most severe form two others semi lobar and lobar have a bit better survival rates.
We decided we should stop and make some burial plans to be prepared for the worst. It was so hard to pick a little casket and realize how small a baby can look in one. The costs are going to be expensive to us. They do at least not charge fees, just for the casket, vault, and we have to buy some plots they are sold in 2's but we might as well get 3 so we can all be buried together. They Funeral home was very helpful and explained things about how different funerals work and why its always a good idea to at least have a plan even if you dont purchase things right then. They also explained that they offer a funeral insurance which I think can be a good idea that acts like a universal life insurance but is just for your funeral and anything left over would go to beneficiaries. They also explained that it is better to pay on the 13 months same as cash kinda thing so you dont end up paying double by the time your finished paying for the insurance. I came home and was sad talking to my sister in law helped we discussed some ideas for the graveside. She offered to play there so we picked some songs. Yesterday the 4th of April was my husbands Mission reunion the closing song was "Till we meet again". I have never reacted to that song before but this time I starting crying right in the middle of it I was kinda embarrassed and realized you just never know how things will affect you at a later date.

I guess I should post how I am doing well I am healthy and the Perinatologist expects me to progress just like my other babies. So physically I am ok other then tired. Emotionally I am not so great I sometimes find myself wishing it is some other way. I am sad I try hard not to think on what the outcome threatens to be and focus on Tianna moving in me. The hard part is how to get the most I can out of the next 4 months without crying all the time. I try to share experiences with the other children like things that make her kick. All I can do is take it one day at a time and hand this anguish all up to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment