Saturday, April 26, 2014

Families of HoPE and Dentistry in Autism

My Package came from Families for HoPE it had a blanket and some indepth information on Holoprosencephaly. I found it helpful I wish there was a master list of various physicians who have dealt with babies with Tianna's Condition in the state even would be nice. Currently I am discovering most have never had contact with this condition. It is very frustrating to say the least. We had a dental appointment for the kids this morning just cleanings.
My son is always the most difficult his autism hits full gear even trying to get the xrays. We struggled a bit at first then I told him I would buy him a lego if he was good I was desperate and he was biting. I know some would think I was just giving in but sometimes a little bribery can save a whole lot of heartache. The rest of his appointment was the best we have ever had he did not even fight the dentist for his exam and his cleaning went so well. He tends to fixate on things and his current is legos. I rarely use bribery but in this case I am glad I tried it. Unfortunately he does have a long memory so come next time he will want to be bribed again sigh! At least it is only every 6 months.
My kids had a run fund raiser for the school they attend today I was very surprised to find that my 6th grader ran 54 laps and my 2nd and kinder ran 45 laps each maybe they will fall asleep easily tonight  

No comments:

Post a Comment